Junior DevOps Engineer (microservices)
Type of contract
Allegro Retail a.s.
The mission of our team in Internet Mall s.r.o. is maintaining and tuning Kubernetes (running in on-prem and Public Cloud) and its ecosystem. Our work is a never-ending challenge that gives us an opportunity to learn new technology trends from the world of FOSS and run them. If we don’t find what we need in the FOSS, we develop it. That’s our DevOps journey.
DevOps Engineer in our team
- Operates running Kubernetes systems
- Works in the spirit of the GitOps philosophy
- Automates and optimizes tools related to our work (most often related to Kubernetes)
- Implements CI/CD pipelines
- Creates tools according to our needs and requirements
- Holds on-call duty 24/7
We are looking for people who have
- Linux knowledge (especially Ubuntu) – storage management, installation, configuration
- Knowledge of the network technologies – TCP/UDP, HTTP, SSL
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and container technologies
- Knowledge how to work with these technologies – Git, Bash, Docker/Containerd
- Analytical thinking – how to solve problems and drive to do it
- Good knowledge of English (intermediate) – you don’t need to speak like a British lord, but every day you’ll communicate and write in English
The following are also a plus
- Automation in Terraform
- Public Cloud: Azure / GKE / AWS
- On-prem Kubernetes experience (build environments, analyze problems)
- Any of these technologies – Helm, Calico, GitLab/Github, Vault, Consul, BGP
What your weekday will look like
Every day we have Stand Up where we talk about what we did and what we’ll do. During the day we take issues from the backlog and work on them.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a team member who already has real experience of Linux and Kubernetes.
You don’t need to meet our expectations to the last point, but if you believe this position could fit you, please contact us. Strong motivation to learn new technologies, independence, and willingness to share your knowledge - these are the most important things for us.
What we offer
- From the very first day you can take advantage of the VIP price program at our e-shop Mall.cz, Vivantis, CZC and Košík.cz
- 29 days off (20 vacation days, 5 Relax Days, 3 sick days, Volunteer Day) plus time off to care for a family member
- Do you want to fulfill your creative or traveling dream? No problem, after one year you can take sabbatical leave, i.e. up to an extra month off. And after two years, you're even entitled to two months off!
- Benefit Plus meal vouchers, which you can use at lots of cool companies or you can choose a meal voucher as a lump sum
- We care about the health of our employees, we offer a MultiSport card at a discounted price, a Cafeteria program, and we also organize Health Days
- Monthly pension contribution
- Home office - do you need to finish projects in peace or wait for the maintenance man? No problem. By prior arrangement with the manager, you can set up a way that suits you
- Flexible working hours - depending on a position and responsibilities, you can adjust the start and end of your day
- Dog-friendly office
- Do you need to improve your foreign language skills? We'd love to help you! We provide English courses for our employees
- Have you just had a baby or want to take your child to first grade? We will support you in everything!
- We value our employees, so you will be entitled to a reward for your years of service
Please send in your CV in English
What candidates love
about our recruitment process?
Substantive feedback and tips for further development
Clear and fast contact during the entire process
A practice-focused skills review
Recruiters with knowledge and passion
A relaxed atmosphere during the interview