Software Engineer Java – Allegro Retail
Type of contract
Allegro Retail a.s.
Why are we looking for a new colleague?
Simply put... we have a lot of work to do. Together with our parent company Allegro, we have embarked on a journey to build the largest e-commerce group in Central and Eastern Europe. This brings with it new challenges in terms of building an international team, unifying and improving the efficiency of existing processes, and at the same time designing new processes. One of the biggest projects ahead is Store in Store.
These are the reasons why we are looking for another experienced Java Developer to join our team.
About the team/About the job
- Store in Store is a brand new product for our parent company - Allegro
- This project will bring together colleagues from Mall, Allegro and CZC, so close-cooperation and team-play will be necessary for this green field project
- Store in Store is about bringing new content tools for enhancing shopping experience for the largest Allegro merchants like Apple, Nike or even for CZC
- Your duty will be to analyze, design and develop functionality for Store in store
We are looking for people who
- Code in Java and/or Kotlin/Scala
- Expect work that has a deeper meaning (not only tasks "management has commissioned") and want to enjoy its results
- Want to be proud of the code they create. They eagerly accept comments and share knowledge during code reviews
- Can look for effective solutions to the requirements set by users
- Want to constantly develop and update their knowledge
- Know English at B2 level
The following are also a plus
- Team success is at least as important to you as personal success
- You care about product and technology goals and can translate them into your work
- You are able to work remotely but we'd be happy to see you at least once a week in our offices in Holešovice
What we offer
- Allegro Retail is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the Czech Republic and you will be involved in many interesting projects across the whole Allegro Retail. If this is what you're interested in... there's no better choice
- Flexible working hours - you can adjust the start and end of your day depending on your position and responsibilities
- Possibility to rent a workplace in the company's premises. For “bike sapiens" we also have an available bike room and changing rooms with showers
- Did you know that every third person in Prague has a dog? We do! That's why you can bring your pet to the office
- From the very first day, you can take advantage of the VIP price program at our e-shop Mall.cz, Vivantis, CZC and Košík.cz
What candidates love
about our recruitment process?
Substantive feedback and tips for further development
Clear and fast contact during the entire process
A practice-focused skills review
Recruiters with knowledge and passion
A relaxed atmosphere during the interview